Wednesday, April 28, 2010

BML #12: The "Hide n' Go Seek" Story

This story is really short and simple but devastating.

A few years ago, I'd say maybe 8th grade, my friends and I wanted to play a massive game of Manhunt or what we called it back in the ol' days, Hide n' Go Seek.

We all had 1 full minute to hide and the capacity of our entire neighborhood. There were 20 people hiding and 4 people searching. I was one of the hiders and I had a great place to hide. The game starts and I run to my awesome hiding space. In the neighborhood I lived in, each apartment building had an AC fan cluster. 5 or 6 AC boxes encased in a makeshift room made by grass hedges. The thick hedges had to hide whatever was inside, which were the AC boxes, for the aesthetic reasons. Also, the AC's were turned on because it was the middle of summer so they would mask almost any sound I made. Perfect hiding spot EVAR.

Unfortunately, it may have been t0o well of a hiding spot. I sat in that lone location for literally 45 minutes. I get up out of the hiding spot and I started searching for the other hiders. After finding nobody, I began searching for the searchers. To no avail, I walked back to HQ. Nobody. The game literally vanished from existence.

I walked to my friends house who played the game with me. I find that himself and 3 other hiders just chilling in his house, playing Playstation. To my surprise, I asked him why he was there. He said that instead of hiding, he just walked home. I asked him where the other hiders were, and he told me that they too also went home. It dawned on me that I was the only person that hid, for almost an hour.

No comments: